About Mental Monday
I’ve finalised the Christmas Schedule for Mental Monday and can share it below.
All these videos will be available on YouTube here and you’ll be able to watch the repeat if you can’t make it live.
It’s such a privilege to have a voice and a platform where I can open up the conversation about mental health. These Christmas episodes are a chance to continue the conversation, and to have a catch-up and check in with our mental health.
Christmas can be a difficult time, especially this year. Maybe there’s arguments over what families you ‘bubble up’ with or maybe you don’t see anyone at all.
Whatever your situation I want Mental Monday to be a place where you can drop in, even for 5 minutes and have that interaction, and be part of that conversation. And it also gives me a chance to talk about how I’m feeling, to show the mental health conversation isn’t something to shy away from.
Below I’ve broken down the different Mental Monday episodes that will take place over Christmas and a rough guide to what they’ll be about.
This is an unscripted conversation, so below are my ideas of what I want to talk about but of course we’ll pick up what’s going on in the world, any mental health news, and developments in my personal life. You get to control the conversation in chat so do get in touch.
Mental Monday Schedule:
Bonus Monday Episode – 21st – 7PM
To start the week they’ll be a bonus episode of Mental Monday. Coming up:
- Discussing Christmas Plans, Situations, Things we’re looking forward to and those that aren’t.
- Tiers lockdowns and anxiety in an uncertain world
- Feelings, how we’re coping and how we’re dealing with them.
- Running through your suggestions so far.
Christmas Eve – 24th – 7PM
- Social Anxiety, what it feels like and how I overcome it
- Speaking (or not speaking) to family and friends etc
- Last thoughts before Christmas covering what’s going on in the world.
Christmas Day 25th – The big 7PM
- The big day talking about how it’s been, what we’ve done and how we’ve felt.
- Emotions and experiences reaching out for support
- Self-care and how little things matter.
Boxing Day (26th) – 7PM
- Looking towards future plans and another year
- Showing some of the best Christmas mental health content
- Wrap up of any thoughts and points that have come up on previous shows.
And there you have it. This is just my basic outline (so I’ve got something to talk about) but all these discussions are unscripted and we’ll have an open conversation in the moment.
Being able to speak like this about mental health helps me process and get through what’s going on. I’d love for you to drop in and be part of that conversation too and get involved and let me know your thoughts.